£1500 startup grant per placement
Sector specific training and support
Fully funded employees for 25 hours per week
Automated grant payments
what is the Kickstart Scheme?
The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to create new job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long term unemployment. Employers of all sizes can apply for funding which covers:
Wage subsidy – 100% of the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months including: Associated employer National Insurance contribution & employer minimum automatic enrolment pension contributions.
Up to £1,500 per job placement for setup costs, support and training
How it works
Step 1: Apply now
Complete our expression of interest form and one of our specialists will be in touch to discuss your requirements. As part of this process we will carry out a FREE training needs analysis for your organisation. We will then process your application to ensure you have provided all the required information.
Step 2: Use our Kickstarter Toolkit
Using our Kickstarter Toolkit you’ll be able to put together your job descriptions and advert in no time! We will then take these and work with DWP to find the right candidates for you. You’ll also get to advertise your roles for FREE on our 16-24 Progression Portal.
Step 3: find your kickstarters
Once you’ve found the right candidates for you we can support you to create bespoke training plans for your Kickstarters that meet all the requirements of the government funding and support them to not only develop employability skills that benefit them but also your business.
Step 4: Receive your Funding
DWP will use information from HMRC to check that the young person is still employed. The grant funding to pay the young person’s salary will be paid in monthly arrears when we know they are:
enrolled on your payroll
being paid through Pay As You Earn (PAYE)
wHY USE THE YOUTH EMPLOYMENT ACADEMY?
As an organisation, we are on a mission to support young people into employment through bespoke programmes of learning and supporting businesses as a Kickstart Gateway. By choosing us as your Kickstart Gateway you will receive:
- Dedicated 1:1 support from one of our Kickstart Specialists
- Ongoing updates regarding the status of your Kickstart bid
- A dedicated Kickstart Toolkit containing job advert & description templates, kickstart contract template, risk assessments and guidance for supporting 16-24 in the workplace.
- Support to get your jobs advertised on the DWP’s Kickstart job portal.
- Payment of the £1500 grant for each Kickstart employee on starting with your company
- Access to our dedicated WorkFIT course to support the delivery of employability based training to your Kickstart employees
- Sector specific training and support for your Kickstart employees
- Automated grant payments to reimburse you for the cost of employing your Kickstart employees
find out more Apply now
£1500 Kickstart Grant
The £1,500 setup costs will be paid when the young person starts the job placement.
As your Kickstart Gateway, we can work with you to identify your set up costs for your placement and what the remaining funding can be spent on to deliver a bespoke programme of employability skills development and training that benefits both the Kickstarter and your organisation.